PASA RIFLE DIVISION (PASA/RD)
PASA/RD conducts sanctioned NRA National Match High Power rifle competitions from February thru October. Other scheduled matches include special Garand Rifle shoots, Springfield Armory M1A events, and the infamous February President’s 100 Nose Drip Classic. Plus, NRA Smallbore .22 rifle matches, metallic silhouette competitions, training for young shooters, and a variety of other centerfire and rimfire rifle events are scheduled as interest warrants.
High Power matches normally begin at 8:30am, with registration 7:30-8:00am. October matches begin at 10:00am, with registration 9:30-10:00am. All 80-round matches will be NRA approved. Additional matches may be scheduled throughout the year. All matches are weather dependent. Check with the Division Director or Range Master.
2017 SUMMER HIGHPOWER LEAGUE (2018 Schedule Coming)
High Power League on Thursday evenings beginning on May 4, 2017 through September 28, 2017 for 18 scheduled nights, weather permitting. The first relay will commence at 5:30 PM. The second relay starts 15min after completion of the first. Due to diminishing light the starting time will be moved to 5:00 PM. on September 1. All shooters must be PASA members.
Annual league registration; $10.00. Weekly match: $5.00. (targets, pasters, etc.)
The first two Thursdays of each month, the course of fire is President’s 100. The match will consist of three stages of fire. The stages are as follows:
Prone Slow Fire: SR Target; 5 Sighting shots/10 shots for record in 15 minutes at 200yds. Sitting Rapid Fire: SR Target; 10 rounds in 60 seconds at 200yds. Standing Offhand Slow Fire: SR Target; 10 rounds in 10 minutes at 200yds.
For those wanting a NRA Classification, the 3rd and 4th Thursday of each month (May-Aug) course of fire will be a modified 80 shot Regional Course, fired at 200yds with Reduced targets for 300&600. Standing Slow Fire and Sitting Rapid Fire (SR Target) will be fired the 3rd Thursday; Rapid Fire Prone (SR-42 Target) and Slow Fire Prone (MR-52 Target) will be fired the 4th Thursday. Each Shooter must fire both segments for the score to be recorded($5.00 fee).
Current NRA High Power Rules will apply. No refires (alibis) will be allowed, due to daylight limitations. Shooters will pull targets and score for the opposite relay.
Any safe rifle may be used in matches; only those scores shot in compliance with NRA Rules 3.1 (Service Rifle) and 3.3 (Match Rifle) will be considered for league winners. A 30-caliber specific champion will also be awarded from among those firing at least three complete matches with any 30 caliber rifle (M1A, M1, 1903, 1903A3, 1917; can mix in the three matches).
For info: Kim Dobbs 217-223-6789 firstname.lastname@example.org Match Director
2018 PASA/RD ACTIVITY SCHEDULE:
- February 18, 2018 (Sun): High Power / President’s 100 (Nose Drip Classic)
- March 17, 2018 (Sat): High Power / Across-the-Course 50rds
- March 18, 2018 (Sun): RANGE WORK DAY (Rain date Sun. April 2)
- April 14, 2018 (Sat): High Power / Across-the-Course 50rds
- April 21, 2018 (Sat): Vintage Military Rifle Match 50rds/5 sighters
- April 22, 2018 (Sun): High Power / Mid-Range Any Sight 80rds
- May 19, 2018 (Sat): High Power / Mid-Range Any Sight 80rds
- June 17, 2018 (Sun): High Power / Across-the-Course 80rds
- June 24, 2018 (Sun): John Garand Match (200yds)
- August 18, 2018 (Sat): High Power / Mid-Range Any Sight 80rds
- August 19, 2018 (Sun): High Power / Across-the-Course 80rds
- September 15, 2018 (Sat): High Power / Across-the-Course 80rds
- September 16, 2018 (Sun): High Power / Mid-Range Any Sight 80rds
- September 23, 2018 (Sun): Springfield Armory M1A Match (300yds)
- October 20, 2018 (Sat): High Power / Across-the-Course 80rds (Shooting begins 10:00am)
- October 21, 2018 (Sun): High Power / Mid-Range Any Sight 80rds (Shooting begins 10:00am)